Since 2001, the MCM Fund has proudly paid out over $120,303,229 in grants to non-profit organizations. In the area of Medical, $11,800,281 has been paid out through June 2020.
Investing in people’s lives through healthcare
The Maybelle Clark Macdonald Fund awarded a grant to Providence Seaside Hospital to fund Beyond 911: A Campaign to Expand Emergency Care at Providence Seaside Hospital. The project was set up to enable the community hospital manage the growing and diverse needs for emergency care services in Clatsop County.
The hospital put the grant to good use right away, supporting the construction and build out of space for more private treatment rooms, expanded trauma bays, safe rooms for patients experiencing mental health crises, and larger waiting rooms in the Emergency Department. The result? Greater capacity to serve people better at a time when they need it the most.
Helping create patient trust
“When someone comes into the Emergency Department, they’re honoring us with their trust. We want to continue to earn that trust by creating a state-of-the-art facility that is a model for calm care and healing.” – Lisa Huddleston, M.D.
- 10,000+ visits to the Emergency department in 2017, the most in the hospital’s history
- 38,000 residents in the local Clatsop County area, with a census that can double on weekends
- 10 rooms, up from 7 in the new Emergency Department
- 6 private rooms
- 2 safe rooms, 2 trauma bays
- Larger nurse triages and waiting areas